General School Closure Information
Posted on 01/10/2017
Please confirm if a closure or late start/early release is scheduled by following these steps:
1. The district will send out messages via the Infinite Campus Auto Messenger system. You can control how you receive messages via your parent Campus Portal account (cell, email, text).
2. Visit the District’s Facebook page or follow us on Twitter. See the district’s website to subscribe now.
3. Consult the District website: http://www.weldre4.k12.org/ A scrolling message at the top of the website will confirm school closures or late start/early release.
4. Refer to a major television broadcast: Most major market broadcasters including NBC, CBS, ABC, and FOX will announce school closures through a scrolling announcement at the bottom of the screen.
5. Refer to an area radio broadcast: The district has partnered with K‐99 Windsor, TRI 102 Greeley, KCOL 1410 Fort Collins, and KFKA 1310 Greeley to release closure information.
6. Finally, you can contact the school or district office for confirmation (Listen for a recorded message about closure/late start information).
Of particular importance is the issue of late start and early release.
Late starts are most often implemented if adverse conditions occur early in the morning, but it is anticipated conditions will improve enough for schools to open in a delayed manner. Late starts will be scheduled for a 2‐hour delay. This means that buses will run on a delay and families should plan for their bus to arrive at their scheduled stop 2 hours later than the regular schedule. Student drop offs should also be delayed the appropriate 2‐hour timeframe. Should the 2‐hour schedule be modified, the change will be communicated through the resources listed above. A.M. Preschool and Kindergarten classes will be cancelled on a late start day.
Early releases most often occur when conditions continue to deteriorate to the point that the safety of students and staff are compromised. In the event that conditions dictate an early release during the school day, students will be held at school until they can be released according to the Emergency Dismissal Student Form (orange sheet) that was completed at registration. Transported students will be bused if conditions allow safe operation. It is imperative that the school has accurate and up to date contact information. If your contact information or release information has changed, please log into your Infinite Campus Portal account to update your information or stop by your school office.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate and our schools will remain open throughout the school year. In those unforeseen instances when a closure is required, your assistance and cooperation is deeply appreciated.